Monday, March 25, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: USB Ethernet Adapter

 

Hello and thank you for replying to my post. Here is what I am doing.
I am using Centros 5 and the GUI is Gnome. In Gnome, I access the Network Configuration from the System Administration menu. On the Network Configuration menu I see the Device eth0 Ethernet type which is now connected to the internet. The only other Device showing is a wlan wlan0 wireless and is inactive. I do not see the USB Ethernet Adapter that is now connected to one of my USB ports. When I try to add a new Ethernet connection I am presented with a list of adapters. None of the adapters on the list resemble the "THE INTELLINET ADAOTER" which is what is written on the adapter. I tried to use one on the list that reads "USB CDC Ethernet driver" When I tried to activate this driver, I was told that an unhandled exeption has occured....a bug and to save the crash dump to a file and send to bugzilla!
Don

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Joan Leach <jleach728@...> wrote:
>
> I've used on e of these with Puppy Linux and a few other distros, but never had to issue any commands in a terminal. It seems to auto-detect my 16-port switch via 2Wire U-Verse modem. What distro are you using and desktop GUI?
> Joan in Reno
>
> --- On Sun, 3/24/13, Donald <tambeaud@...> wrote:
>
> From: Donald <tambeaud@...>
> Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] USB Ethernet Adapter
> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 3:07 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Some time ago I tried to get help to install this adapter but I did not have the knowledge to follow or understand instructions. I am trying to install an USB ETHERNET ADAPTOR on my labtop, With nothing else connected to my USB ports and giving the command dmesg | tail -100 I get the following.
>
>
>
> usb 1-7: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
>
> usb 1-7: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>
> [root@localhost ~]#
>
>
>
> This indicates that my laptop sees the adapter. However, when I do the command ifconfig -a I do not see any indication of the new Ethernet port.
>
>
>
> I need help in installing the adapter.
>
> Thank you
>
> Donald Tambeau
>
> VE3HOL
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment