Sunday, March 24, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] USB Ethernet Adapter

 

I've used one of these with Puppy Linux and a few other distros, but never had to issue any commands in a terminal. It seems to auto-detect my 16-port switch via 2Wire U-Verse modem. What distro are you using and desktop GUI?
Joan in Reno

--- On Sun, 3/24/13, Donald <tambeaud@personainternet.com> wrote:

From: Donald <tambeaud@personainternet.com>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] USB Ethernet Adapter
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 3:07 PM

 

Some time ago I tried to get help to install this adapter but I did not have the knowledge to follow or understand instructions. I am trying to install an USB ETHERNET ADAPTOR on my labtop, With nothing else connected to my USB ports and giving the command dmesg | tail -100 I get the following.

usb 1-7: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5

usb 1-7: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

[root@localhost ~]#

This indicates that my laptop sees the adapter. However, when I do the command ifconfig -a I do not see any indication of the new Ethernet port.

I need help in installing the adapter.

Thank you

Donald Tambeau

VE3HOL

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment