Thursday, April 24, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] No Boot after upgrade

 

The resolution to this problem turned out to be simple. This Debian distro makes two boot choices: Normal and Recovery. The Recovery choice appears below the Normal (Default) choice. The Recovery choice booted up fine and after a I booted the Normal copy again, it ran fine. It appears that the Recovery process worked as designed. Thanks for all the Support that you folks provided. It was a good learning lesson for me.

On 4/14/2014 8:40 PM, jferrell13@triad.rr.com wrote:
 

I am running Debian Wheezy and I frequently run

sudo apt-get update

followed by

sudo apt-get upgrade

When I ran the upgrade it restarted a package and recommended a full system restart.

When I did that it hung on the way up. I believe it got past the password point.

The Debian boot always offers a recovery option on boot, I tried it.

The command line asked for a root password and came to a stop displaying

root@debian:~#       prompt.

The help command works here.

My question:

How can I remove that upgrade that I applied?

John W8CCW


--   John Ferrell W8CCW  "Kindness is the language the blind can see and the  deaf can hear." - Mark Twain  

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment