Sunday, April 27, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] The Debian Choice...//Iceweasel

 

I found one of Thad's messages regarding FF 16:


"I discovered this issue when I was trying to figure out why the
screengrab plugin wasn't working on my online banking site today when
it worked fine every day last week." 

"Turns out the Mozilla morons disabled Java without any notice. These
are the plugins I use on both my Linux and Windows systems:

http://thadlabs.com/PIX/CentOS_6_Firefox_addons.jpg


The solution was to delete/uninstall all Firefox 17 and 18 installs
and revert to version 16.0.2 on both Linux and Windows per:"

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/16.0.2/linux-i686/en-US/firefox-16.0.2.tar.bz2
 
Hope that helps to show it is possible, but I know some websites won't work right even one version behind like my Yahoo Mail didn't. So until I upgrade I have Chrome for Yahoo webmail and everything else is on Firefox.

Sorry if I got some of the quote marks wrong. He decided to put OpenIndiana on his newest server, by the way.

Joan in Reno


From: "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2014 5:03 AM
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] The Debian Choice...//Iceweasel

 


Good morning

a friend of mine is using win and netscape.

He says:

the browser is fast and safe
because netscape cannot understand the modern dirt.

question:

is it possible to use an old browser
in Linux?

regards

sophie

Am 25.04.2014 20:05, schrieb John Ferrell:
> As a Newbie myself, this is the way I see it:
> Debian is a conservative product. The latest distro is not a work in
> process, every effort is made to make it ready to work without
> unpleasant surprises.
> Ubuntu takes a more aggressive stance with its product. They want the
> latest and greatest NOW! They are good at avoiding most disasters with
> their testing but they intend to be on the cutting edge of performance,
> features and bling.
> It seems there are some "innovations" in Firefox that concerns the
> Debian folks. They choose to not endorse the current Firefox by hanging
> on to an earlier version which they have tagged IceWeasel.
> It would be interesting to read the differences between FireFox/IceWeasel.
> For the moment, I like the Debian business plan for me.
>
> On 4/25/2014 10:46 AM, highskywhy@yahoo.de wrote:
> >
> > I am crying now
> > because Iceweasel was so good.
>


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (28)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment