Wednesday, April 23, 2014

[LINUX_Newbies] Installing Linux Mint on a Toshiba touch-screen laptop (Satellite NB15t)

 

I had to go through a few gyrations just to get it to boot from a USB
drive. That's done.

I used unetbootin to make a bootable USB drive. I am using Linux Mint
v. 16 mate 64 bit.

Generally, when I select the first menu option, it just sits there with
a blank screen.

Using the second option, I see the standard booting text rolling quickly.

The best I have done is gotten to the command prompt. The error message
seems to indicate that the gui doesn't like the laptop's graphics
hardware or settings. (I can't remember the exact message.)

Any ideas?

(My wife is getting REALLY tired of having to deal with Win 8.)

Ray Drouillard

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment