Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Java FX in Ubuntu

 

See below.


On 4/28/2014 7:16 PM, rvdidit@yahoo.com wrote:
 

Well, everyone disappeared.

The only additional information I can give you is what I typed in to
the control panel:


It is actually the terminal AKA command line.  I only bring this up so you don't confuse folks in the future when trying to get help.

"
ross@ross-E-4500S:~$ tar-xvzf Downloads/jre-7u55-Linux-x64.tar.gz gedit .bash_profile
tar-xvzf: ross@ross-E-4500S:~$ tar-xvzf Downloads/jre-7u55-Linux-x64.tar.gz gedit .bash_profile
tar-xvzf: command not found


Here on the group we always say, "no detail is too small."  This is a perfect example.  You need a blank space between "tar" and "-".  You also don't want "gedit.bash_profile".  In other words the command should be:

tar -xvzf Downloads/jre-7u55-Linux-x64.tar.gz

Then press the <Enter> key.
In this I made some assumptions and we need to be sure those assumptions are true.  When you start the terminal, type the following command

cd

Then press the <Enter> key.
This will make certain you are in your home directory AKA home folder.  This time, if you get any errors, do like you did above and copy the command and paste it to your email.


"
I probably tried about 30 variations of the above, but  "file not found" and "command not found' are what I got back.

Ross


I believe we can get you there.  If you want to schedule a time where you and I can do this together, please contact me at loyal_barber@yahoo.com

<snip>

Loyal Barber
Yes, that is my real name.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (19)

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment