Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Mint 16 Cinnamon woes!

 

Hi Hal,

You wrote:

> You can fetch dBan; burn a CD; boot and run it to completely wipe the
> HD..
> /or/ You can boot a Linux live CD/DVD and use the 'dd' command to
> completely fill the HD with zero's:
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd_ bs=1M
>
> I've read that a complete wipe from M$ to Linux is needed because of
> hidden files a normal delete or re-partition wont touch.. ?? ..

Hmm. I have recently done what appears to be a
normal installation of Mint (with Mate) to replace
Windows XP so this matter may not apply to my
situation.

So far, I have no known problems.

My usage is on the simple side, but what should
I be looking for? Any ideas what the hidden files
would be?

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment