Thursday, April 24, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Java FX in Ubuntu

 

 

<snip>
"Ross, 
would you tell me what step of mine was giving this issue?  I will try to figure itout with you."
<snip>
Once I entered the line of code you gave me, I hit the return key.
I wasnt sure If I was supposed to go on to the next sep(5 I think) and add more lines into the code box, before hitting the return key? Its on another machine which isnt on now, so I can get more info later if needed.

 

This is where I was following instructions to add new software to Ubuntu software center;

In the software center, click "edit" at the top left corner, and follow the choices until you get to this box below;

 

SoftwareSources-AddApt2.png

 

SoftwareSources-AddApt2.png

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu

 

To see this link on the internet, Scroll down to:

 

"Adding Other Repositories"

 

This is where I could not find a link to the software download.

I was interested in the second download down, at this link;

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

jdk-8u5-linux-i586.tar.gz

Hope this is better, I know Im still short on info, but maybe its good for time being..?.

Ross

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment