Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] iron chrome/maxthone

 

Am 25.04.2014 20:20, schrieb Linux Canuck:
> Chrome is Google branded Chromium which is open source. So anyone can
> take Chromium and do what they want so long as they comply with the
> license. In this case the BSD license which is permissive. You can
> Google open source licenses if you are curious about how they work. Most
> people are not.
>
> Maxthon has been around for a long time as a Windows browser, originally
> based on MyIE a Chinese Internet Explorer clone, but recently they
> switched to Webkit, which is the basis for Chrome/ Chromium. Of the two
> that you mentioned Maxthon has done the most with it. They have their
> own branding and webstore. As far as I can tell Iron does not even have
> its own userland. It loads in my Chromium settings and tabs that were
> open. I was not happy about that. If I am going to install a browser
> then I want it to keep track of its own settings.
***
good afternoon
this was not my question.
sorry
my mistake.

I installed chrome chromium
then maxthone
ok.

then I installed iron
and I opened iron and I found all bookmarks and pages from chrom.

that was the question.
Is iron dependent and does steal the bookmarks from other browsers?

regards
sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment