Thursday, April 24, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] The Debian Choice...

 


On 4/24/2014 4:08 AM, highskywhy@yahoo.de wrote:
 



good morning

thank You for help
Am 23.04.2014 02:57, schrieb Loyal Barber:


<snip>

I used siduction
rolling also.

I have never run Siduction.  I will have to try it out. 

But 3 times the update
destroyed gui or other things.


Yeah, this is the kind of update I keep telling Roy about.  That said, it is always nice to have that option, even if you don't use it.  I always set all of my data up in a separate /data partition, so I prefer fresh installs rather than upgrades.  I still back up my data to be on the safe side.

So I installed 2 weeks ago
xubuntu.


Good choice though to me the Xfce desktop is not that intuitive.  At least not compared to LXDE which you could try by installing Lubuntu.  Yes, Roy, I am running Lubuntu and liking it.  I must admit I was wrong throwing Ubuntu under the bus.

<snip>

Loyal

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment