Sunday, April 27, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] go 10 minutes back

 

It all depends on what is crashing. If it is just an application then you can likely remove it and re-install. If it is something in the system then I would be patient and it will likely improve over the next couple of days. If it does not improve then you can try booting an older kernel and see if it is tied to a kernel update. You do that by choosing the Advanced options when you reboot. If that straightens things out then I would try a system upgrade. You cannot remove system files. You can re-install them of try to fix them, but it can cause more problems unless you know what you are doing.

Often these things are temporary. When a bug is posted it is usually fixed in a day or two if it is widespread and significant. If it is related to a partial system update then that will straighten out once all the packages get in sync. It also could be hardware related such as faulty memory chip. It is hard to generalize. If a problem persists no matter what you try then you can assume that it is probably related to hardware. 

I generally run at least two desktop environments so that I can troubleshoot. If KDE is unstable then I logout and log into a different desktop environment and see if it is happening there as well. If it is happening there as well, then I know the problem is related to the system and not the desktop environment or application. I trace back the problem from grub.

If it does not re-occur in the other DE then I troubleshoot the problem assuming it is KDE (or whatever my usual DE is) related or related to the application. I then check Launchpad for bug postings for the application.

Roy
On Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:01:11 AM, "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de> wrote:
 
good morning
can Linux go back for example 10 minutes.

I do update
crash.

Is it possible to set back the linux
beforee the update?

regards
sophie



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (24)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment