Saturday, January 30, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to Group & Linux

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "sue_in_al" <sdp30564@...> wrote:
>
> I recently installed Kubuntu 9.04 on a Acer laptop that was locked up by a virus. Then upgraded it to the latest version. Since then I have heard that Mint is better than Kubuntu. What is the consensus here.
>
> I would like to give it a try, but as of yet I have not been able to create a bootable cd. Kubuntu was on a free cd. Is Mint available on a free cd too?
>
> Thanks, Sue
>
Mint is a *wonderful* distro, esp. for newbs (IMHO)! Very user-friendly, very good drivers (at least I've had no issues using it on two different laptops), and it has a nice desktop. I am still using Mint 6 (Felicia), not because the newer versions aren't great but I've reached a comfort zone. I'm sure everyone else has mentioned this by now but it's terribly easy to download a distro and burn to disk, even if it makes you uncomfortable at first...don't be, just dive right in.
Good luck,
Mark

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment