Sunday, January 31, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Thanks for all the feedback about Mint & new ?

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Susan Muska <sdp30564@...> wrote:
>
> OK, I'll try again to create a liveCD this time for Mint. While I followed the directions for several burners and understand the difference between copying a file verses an image. I would always get an error when trying to boot from the disk. Good thing I have a big stack of blank CDs. ;o)
>
> As a newbie would someone please explain the following terms to me? Perhaps how they relate to similar parts of Windows?
> distro
> KDE
> Gnome
>
> Thanks,
> Sue in AL
> K&S Natural Farms Mercantile - http://stores.ebay.com/K-S-Natural-Farms-Mercantile/
> K&S Ham Radio Parts - http://sites.google.com/site/kshamradioparts/
>

There are a couple of things you can do to improve your burn:
1. Check the MD5 check sum on your download. If you don't know how
to do that, just ask
2. Slow the speed way down

Usually works for me. Most burners always select max speed and I
find that rarely works correctly.

Loyal

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment