Friday, January 29, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: PIO problem using NSLU2 (Unslung) , HB 8 channel I/O (DS2408) and owfs - 2.7p28

 

Eduard wrote:
> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "eduardfreeman" <eduardfreeman@...> wrote:
>
>> I use a NSLU2 with unslung v6.10, owfs-2.7p28-1 and a Hobbyboards 8 Channel I/O (DS2408).
>>
>> The problem i have is that i only can change the PIO.BYTE option. The PIO.ALL
>> and the PIO.0 to PIO.7 options won't work.
>>
>> I installed the Maxim 1-wire viewer on a Windows PC and connected the I/O board.
>> With the 1-wire viewer software i can control all the PIO options.
>>
>> Today i installed Ubuntu with OWFS and was able to use every PIO option.
>> So i think there is a problem with the current OWFS version available for NSLU2
>> devices?
>>
>> Can someone help me solving this problem?
>>
>>
>
>
> No one who has a suggestion/solution ?
>
You might try to provide a little more information for someone to be
able to help you. You've told us it works on other systems, and we know
what firmware you're running -- but you haven't mentioned anything about
the failure mode or the tools you are using to test this. For example:
"I'm using the following shell script to write a value to the PIO
whatever-it-is that is exposed via the owfs mount point. When it gets
to the "echo" statement on line 17, the script fails with a "permission
denied" message, as you can see in the output below. The directory
listing (included below) clearly shows that the PIO whatever-it-is file
has "w" permissions for world.."

A script (or code, if its not a script) would also be helpful for
someone else to test. (I'm several hundred miles away from my slug, so
it'll be a week or more before I can look to see what mine does; it's
happily running owserver/owfs on the latest SlugOS dev builds).

-Mike (mwester)

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment