Sunday, January 31, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to Group & Linux

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, J <dreadpiratejeff@...> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 06:26, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
> >>   I'm sure everyone else has mentioned this by now but it's terribly easy to download a distro and burn to disk, even if it makes you uncomfortable at first...don't be, just dive right in.
> >
> > Hrrm, I'm not sure anyone did.  :)  Yes, Sue, that's one thing most
> > distributions now offer, a live CD so that you can test out the
> > distribution without installing anything to hard drive.  (Do keep in
> > mind though, that a live CD will run more slowly than an actually
> > installed distribution.
>

I just had to jump in... I keep a version of Mint installed and updated on my computer. I still consider myself new to Linux, even though I have been at it for over 3 years. I came along to computers late in life and there is a lot that I don't grasp. Anyway, back to Mint. IMO Mint 8 Gnome is a great distro. I prefer KDE over Gnome but it was no problem installing some of the have-to-have KDE applications to the Gnome version. I don't use Mint on a daily basis but if I mess up my main distro then I fall back to Mint. It just works.

Harold

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment