Friday, January 29, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] PROFTPd doesnt work/start when Asterisk is running.

 

In message <hjptmq+i3b5@eGroups.com>, jawohl911 <jawohl911@yahoo.ca>
writes

>
>Hi everyone,
>
>Whenever I try to start proftpd when asterisk is running, i get "Fork
>:resource unavailable" error, and it doesnt launch.
>
>If I start proftpd and asterisk isnt running, I can log into the ftp server
>without any problem. However, as soon as I start asterisk, the proftpd
>process will keep existing, but I can't connect to the server anymore.
>
>I have a 128mb swap file on my 2GB usb key. 7MB of those 128 are being
>used.
>
>The normal 32 MB of memory are almost all used though : 592k free.
>
>I remember slimming asterisk a while ago, but I have added a few modules
>since then.
>
>Also, I'm believe that this asterisk+proftpd combo worked before, when I
>was using a hard drive instead of the usb key. The usb key is a clone of
>the hdd, so the config should be the same.
>
>I'm quite the newbie in linux and am still amazed I got so many things
>working on that little thing, so any help would be very welcome.
>
Not too sure if this is relevant, but I noticed that package
asterisk16-addons had build issues partly because the core asterisk16
package has recently been updated and partly due to some issues with the
make file.

So tonight I have fixed this and uploaded a new asterisk16-addons.mk
file to the SVN. The fixed package should be available in the Optware
feeds shortly at package revision 1.6.2.0.
--
Robert Hammond
PGP:0x154144DA
592B 0199 2D7F FC05 C4B1 0404 2258 4471 1541 44DA

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment