Saturday, March 9, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] zip

 


Sa Mär 09 13:19:41 2013
Good afternoon
Thank You for help.
>
> > To see what programs are installed open a terminal and type '

cd /usr/bin'
followed by
'ls | more'
>

This is not 7zip, isnt it?
2to3
2to3-2.7
2to3-3.3
7z
7za
a2p

Can I do also:
ls > proglist.txt and then read the textfile instead of more?

> I think that would be too limited to search for installed programs. You
> could maybe start with 'echo $PATH' to at least see what directories your
> current shell will be looking in for executable files. No guarantee your
> she'll environment is set up right though.
*
OK

>
> Also, wasn't Fedora going to do away with user bin? Or is that the one
> they are keeping? Maybe I dreamed that!
*
OK
>
> A better approach might be to use your package manager. I have dpkg
> installed for that purpose on my systems. To check/search for if say
> xterm is installed I could do the following;
>
> >>dpkg --get-selections | grep xterm
> lxterminal
> xterm

Can I find 7zip
with ls ?

Regards
Sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment