Thursday, April 10, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] The Debian Choice...

 

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 08:32:15AM -0700, jferrell13@triad.rr.com wrote:

> I am still a Linux beginner that started with Raspberry Pi after several false starts several years back. I am not a rookie with computers in general. I have been using Debian Wheezy for the Linux side of the Lab for quite a while now and am comfortable with it. There is nothing unique to the current install. I would like to move the system to a dual boot with Windows XPPRO. I understand the easy path is to install xppro first and then add the Linux distro.
> I consider this to be a long term system and I am wondering if there are things in the Linux world that Debian cannot do?
> John W8CCW

Debian is a pretty popular distribution, and should be able to do anything
other distributions do.

If doing longterm note that MS is ending support for WinXP and so there
will probably be no more security updates after a certain point this year.
It's still usable, but I don't know how vulnerable it will be.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment