Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Downloading Problem

 

Hi, Roy,

You wrote:

> If you are on the six month cycle you MUST upgrade every six months or
> you run into trouble. Support used to be for 18 months but that has
> been shortened to 9 months. If your support runs out then you must do
> a re-installation and cannot get any upgrades and security patches.

Hmm. I ran into a mention of a distro bricking a
computer when it went out of support; that sounds
like big trouble. I gather Mint, which is what I'm
trying to set up, is about to have newer version
come out. I suppose, then that when the new one
comes out I'll have about three months to upgrade. (?)

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (55)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment