Monday, April 7, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Installing TOS

 

A few days ago, rvdidit wrote: " I still need to figure out how to stop the energy saver from turning off monitor every ten minutes".

I didn't see any response to that so here is a workaround that I found that worked for me.

With Kubuntu I too was unable to stop the monitor "from turning off" until I went to the System Settings >Energy Saving Settings where I enabled the Screen Energy Saving and set the "Switch off after" option to the maximum (360 minutes). Although I don't know if it was necessary I did the same to the Suspend Session option. I enabled it and set it to 360 Minutes. In that area I didn't select a function (Sleep, Shutdown, Lock Screen), I just left that blank.



<rvdidit@...> wrote :
I still need to figure out how to stop the energy saver from turning off monitor every ten minutes.  Power saver set to "never" does NOT help.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment