Monday, January 18, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] Umlauts and find -exec (Curly Braces)

 

Mai Kee Reis wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have some simple scripts to adjust rights of files, after some one
> copied files to the file store (script at end of the mail).
> This script sometimes finds filenames with German Umlauts and then can
> not execute the -exec term.
> In such cases, I only get:
> find: ./Aerzte, Die/Die Ärzte - Friedenspanzer.mp3: No such file
> or directory
> find: ./Aerzte, Die/Die Ärzte - Lest Die Pravda.mp3: No such file
> or directory
>
> How can I forcce the {} to use these files?
> The best would be to convert all the non-latin stuff to easy writing, so
> 'Ä' should become 'Ae'.
> But even this cant be done by find -f -exec, or?
>
> I could also imagine to temporarily convert my filesystems i18n
> settings, renaming the files, then set it back to ... (whatever,
> wherever its configured)
>
> Any hint for me?
>
Yes. Perhaps you can tell us what firmware you are running, and if the
find command is the real find command or a symbolic link to busybox.

-Mike (mwester)

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment