Thursday, February 24, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: People say PCLinuxOS is more windows like in feel and look but not Ubuntu

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <sun408b@...> wrote:
>
> What does Ubuntu look like and why do some windows people say it is harder to use and takes longer to learn than PCLinuxOS ?
>
> Does anyone also know a web site where I can look at some of the screen shots of Linux?
>

Well I tried to put a screen shot up into the group's photo section but was informed it'd have to be approved by moderators. While I was there I saw some thumbnails that might be screenshots others have successfully uploaded in the past.

It would have looked something like this though:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9208/screensi.png

I do not setup my systems to act like Windows at all no matter how they look. I can't stand double clicking or click to raise or focus. I auto-raise and focus follows mouse. Oh, and I like double clicking the title bar of windows shading it, among other things.

I really can't stand Windows user interface. How copy and paste functions on Windows annoys me. The list goes on and on.

My system isn't Ubuntu but that hardly matters as any Linux is just like any other Linux, and all can be made to look or do what any other can. Linux isn't Windows though, some basic precepts might be the same but past that its all different I'm afraid. Actually I'm pretty thankful.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment