Monday, February 28, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to group

No problem. I've done that myself! :)

Roy

Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada


On 28 February 2011 08:49, Paul <pfrederick1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
> >
> > You mistook what I said. I don't mind being wrong, but first check to
> make
> > sure what I said.
> >
> > The comment said most *Linux* users and not Debian users use aptitude. My
> > point was not specific to Debian itself, but to distros that use the
> Debian
> > package management system of which Debian is not the largest by far. I
> like
> > aptitude, but the fact remains that it does not come pre-installed on
> Ubuntu
> > and Mint and many other large Debian based distros and Debian based
> distros
> > themselves are less than half of all distributions, most of which are RPM
> > based. So I was accurate that most *Linux* users do not use aptitude at
> all.
> > I would add that most users of apt do not use aptitude either. Over half
> of
> > those would use a GUI frontend and many of the commandline folks will use
> > apt-get or sometimes even apt-fast or dpkg. That is not a slight against
> > aptitude, but just reality. I know many people who personally who prefer
> > aptitude, but that does not change the situation. I know far more who use
> > the GUI, including most here.
> >
> > This is off topic anyway. The original person wanted help on unzipping
> and I
> > am not sure why aptitude was even brought into it.
> >
> > Roy
> >
> > Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
> > Location: Canada
> >
>
> I'm sorry Roy in the future I'll try to be less obtuse. But really I
> thought this thread was about installing software in Linux!
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment