Sunday, February 20, 2011

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Optware's official build machine

 

Thank you for your explanations, Brian,

Sorry, I  noticed your reply just now and checked-in some changes, but will do so no more until the builder is recovered.

Please don't be mistaken: I didn't intent to rush anyone - I just had no idea what was going on and as such, was worried whether anything bad happened to the project.

Regarding 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10, I will give it a try, but I simply have no other options rather then running linux in a virtual machine, and I wasn't able to run a 64-bit OS using VirtualBox ~2 years ago.

And thank you for git-svn - will give it a go.

Glad to be hearing from you after after such a long time,
Alex

2011/2/20 Brian <b88zhou@gmail.com>
 

Hi,

Since I'm on the cc list of the ticket to rebuild the builder(s), I get to know that the infrastructure team is actively working on it.

The plan is to have a 64-bit 10.10 ubuntu instance as the builder, but also build a chroot 8.04 ubuntu in the transition period. There're quite some optware .mk recipes that need to be updated to be able to build on 64-bit 10.10.

The best way to help, for developers, would be to prepare your local 64-bit 10.10 instance and test build as many packages for as many feeds as possible. Fix things along the way. Before the builder is recovered, please hold on to your changes, so that we don't have a too big a backlog. Personally I use git-svn as client, and I can have quite a lot of local branches. I can highly recommend git-svn.

For nslu2 users, please help spread the word, and support the project with donation. Every little bit helps. The goal is to cover the cost of upgraded hardware (fast disks) and hosting cost. I'll try to get a concrete target amount. Please understand that all developers and the infrastructure support team work voluntarily in their spare time, so be patient.

-Brian



--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Alex Potapenko <opotapenko@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It looks like optware feeds haven't been updated for about two weeks, so I
> guess there're still some problems with the build machine. That's why I'd be
> thankful if someone (like Brian Zhou) could shed some light on the current
> state of affairs. Also, Brian, maybe there's some way that we could help
> solving those problems?
>
> Best regards,
> Alex
>




--
Best regards,
Alex Potapenko

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment