Sunday, February 20, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Re: Optware's official build machine

 

32-bit 10.10 will also help, since most failed packages fail to build because of newer build tools (such as libtool), only a few are because of 64-bit.

Regarding libtool version, we want to use system libtool when it's not causing any problem. But If some packages must use a specific version, we would stage the specific version into $(HOST_STAGING_PREFIX) and use that specific version.

Regards,

-Brian

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Alex Potapenko <opotapenko@...> wrote:
>
> Sorry, a couple more questions:
> 1. If I fail with 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10, can I go on with 32-bit 10.10?
> 2. What libtool version should I install: should I downgrade to 1.5.x?
>
> 2011/2/20 Alex Potapenko <opotapenko@...>
>
> > And one more thing: should I also refrain from fixing packages (like I did
> > with avahi and samba35)
> >
> > 2011/2/20 Alex Potapenko <opotapenko@...>
> >
> > Thank you for your explanations, Brian,
> >>
> >> Sorry, I noticed your reply just now and checked-in some changes, but
> >> will do so no more until the builder is recovered.
> >>
> >> Please don't be mistaken: I didn't intent to rush anyone - I just had no
> >> idea what was going on and as such, was worried whether anything bad
> >> happened to the project.
> >>
> >> Regarding 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10, I will give it a try, but I simply have no
> >> other options rather then running linux in a virtual machine, and I wasn't
> >> able to run a 64-bit OS using VirtualBox ~2 years ago.
> >>
> >> And thank you for git-svn - will give it a go.
> >>
> >> Glad to be hearing from you after after such a long time,
> >> Alex
> >>
> >> 2011/2/20 Brian <b88zhou@...>
> >>
> >>
> >>>
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> Since I'm on the cc list of the ticket to rebuild the builder(s), I get
> >>> to know that the infrastructure team is actively working on it.
> >>>
> >>> The plan is to have a 64-bit 10.10 ubuntu instance as the builder, but
> >>> also build a chroot 8.04 ubuntu in the transition period. There're quite
> >>> some optware .mk recipes that need to be updated to be able to build on
> >>> 64-bit 10.10.
> >>>
> >>> The best way to help, for developers, would be to prepare your local
> >>> 64-bit 10.10 instance and test build as many packages for as many feeds as
> >>> possible. Fix things along the way. Before the builder is recovered, please
> >>> hold on to your changes, so that we don't have a too big a backlog.
> >>> Personally I use git-svn as client, and I can have quite a lot of local
> >>> branches. I can highly recommend git-svn.
> >>>
> >>> For nslu2 users, please help spread the word, and support the project
> >>> with donation. Every little bit helps. The goal is to cover the cost of
> >>> upgraded hardware (fast disks) and hosting cost. I'll try to get a concrete
> >>> target amount. Please understand that all developers and the infrastructure
> >>> support team work voluntarily in their spare time, so be patient.
> >>>
> >>> -Brian
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Alex Potapenko <opotapenko@>
> >>> wrote:
> >>> >
> >>> > Hi,
> >>> >
> >>> > It looks like optware feeds haven't been updated for about two weeks,
> >>> so I
> >>> > guess there're still some problems with the build machine. That's why
> >>> I'd be
> >>> > thankful if someone (like Brian Zhou) could shed some light on the
> >>> current
> >>> > state of affairs. Also, Brian, maybe there's some way that we could
> >>> help
> >>> > solving those problems?
> >>> >
> >>> > Best regards,
> >>> > Alex
> >>> >
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best regards,
> >> Alex Potapenko
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Alex Potapenko
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Alex Potapenko
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment