Monday, February 21, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: can't get certain websites

That did it. I changed the name server and I can now get them!

So what does that tell me about my problem? The name server that it was
using was 192.168.1.254 which was set by the router or dsl modem. If I
re-install will I have to do this every time? Is there a better way to fix
the problem at the modem or router level that I can avoid this?

Roy

Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada


On 20 February 2011 20:23, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>
>
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 07:31:35PM -0500, Roy wrote:
> > I believe that you're correct. I have not had the time to chase it down.
> My
> > son says that I may be able to get around it by changing default DNS name
> > servers. He gave me some addresses, but have not followed up.
>
> That's possible, you can change /etc/resolv.conf to read 208.67.222.222
> which uses opendns.
>
> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6
> ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
>
> Willow: The school paper is edging on depressing lately. Have you
> guys noticed that?
> Oz: I don't know. I always go straight to the obits.
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment