Sunday, February 27, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New to group

 

Right now I am using VMplayer 3 and VMware 7. So far I like 7 better.
Haven't tried Server or Sphere yet. I downloaded some games for Linux and
have been trying to use them but they are in 7z files. I can unzip them in
windows but havne't tried to drag them into Linux yet. I am using Windows 7
on my Laptop and the VMware 7 is on that one. I am able to drag stuff from
my desktop into the OS that is running on the VMware and it works well. Was
trying to unzip the files in Linux but I had so many problems. I might try
to install on my XP tower and see what I can do on that one.

Shellie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roy" <linuxcanuck@gmail.com>
To: <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New to group

> Linux is the most computing fun that you can have for free. There are well
> over 400 distributions to try and many of those have several versions out
> at
> once. VMs are a nice way to try them. I have not used VMware in some time
> because I have got into using VirtualBox. What do you think of VMWare? Are
> you using VMServer or Sphere?
>
> Roy
>
> Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
>
> On 26 February 2011 23:33, Shellie <mbuter30@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Thank you. I am going to reinstall again because I didn't do something
>> right
>> with Suse in VMware. Might try some of the other flavours also not sure
>> yet.
>>
>> Shellie
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Roy" <linuxcanuck@gmail.com>
>> To: <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
>> Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:18 PM
>> Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New to group
>>
>> > Welcome and enjoy both! Give us a shout if we can help.
>> >
>> > Roy
>> >
>> > Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
>> > Location: Canada
>> >
>> >
>> > On 26 February 2011 14:52, Shellie <mbuter30@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Hi I am new to the group and also new to Linux. I am trying out Ubuntu
>> >> and
>> >> Open Suse in VMware. So far it is pretty cool still getting used to
>> >> it.
>> >>
>> >> Shellie
>> >>
>> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > ------------------------------------
>> >
>> > To unsubscribe from this list, please email
>> > LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
>> > Groups Links
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
> Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment