Thursday, February 17, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] speech to text program?

There is text to speech which is the opposite of what she wants. There are
several text to speech actually, espeak, jovie and screader, but the best
known is festival. Dragon NS does the opposite. You speak and it turns it
into readable text.

Roy

Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada


On 17 February 2011 16:18, Ray Drouillard <ray-lists@quixnet.net> wrote:

>
>
> I saw one in the repository when I was looking for multimedia stuff. I
> don't recall the name. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll find
> the name for you.
>
> On 02/16/2011 11:24 AM, Yvette Davis wrote:
> > Is there a speech to text program (Like Dragon) for Linux. I'm sure there
> > has to be, but I can't find it. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04, and I've
> checked
> > the Software Center and Synaptic. Both turn up nothing. I'm sure I'm
> > looking
> > in the wrong place.. can someone give me suggestions?
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment