Saturday, April 5, 2014

[LINUX_Newbies] Uses for old Desktop????

 

Newbie here!!
In the past week I have:
1.) Wiped XP from my Acer Aspire One netbook and installed/configured Ubuntu, and find it pretty intuitive.
2.) Wiped Win7 from my stepdaughters virus infested Laptop, installed Ubuntu, she is faring well with it.

NOW.....
Gathering dust in the clean/dry basement I have the following desktop system:
IBM Lenovo, Intel Duo-Core E6550@ 2.33 Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 150GB HDD
Our wireless router is in the same location, and I can hook the desktop to it via ethernet connection, and I have my laserjet printer down there also.
Q: Could i configure the current hardware as a wireless networked print server???
How would a noob go about that??

Q: Other Sugestions??

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment