Monday, April 18, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Does anyone know what GUI interface windows 95,98 or windows Me use?

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:

> Nautilus works similarly in GNOME. If you don't believe me run it in XFCE or
> KDE and you get the GNOME desktop replacing the XFCE or KDE one. To get it
> to NOT do this you have to run it with a switch: nautilus --no-desktop. I
> learned this the hard way. :)
>
> Roy

That is very funny Roy! I never liked Nautilus enough to ever try that.

I sort of like this:
http://roland65.free.fr/xfe/

I've even used this a lot:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/filerunner/

I never cared for XFCE much either. If I need a light Window Manager today I use Fluxbox. Not that it thrills me but it does fulfill basic requirements.

Lessons are best learned the hardest ways possible.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment