Friday, April 1, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Hope this isn't too Newbie for a Newbies Group

 

>>>Note sure where you are seeing prices at but I did my 256M RAM
Upgrade from them at I believe it was 30 or forty dollars and FREE
shipping via 3rd day ground. Look again.

On 4/1/2011 6:29 AM, Paul wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>, "g.linuxducks"
> <g.linuxducks@...> wrote:
> >
> > hey ken... ya u have a project to upgrade the old box as best possible.
> >sor power. I got that an old compaq
> > v.92 modem.---------cut--------cut-----/
>
> Putting money into aged PCs is often good money after bad. I've
> difficulty suggesting it even for the time investment. So I can't in
> good conscience recommend it. But everyone has to weigh the values for
> themselves.
>
> BTW I looked at Edge they're honestly pretty high priced. I could buy
> a whole new to me PC for less than they're asking for RAM I could use!
> An example of how poor economy upgrading can be.
>
> $90 Pentium 4 3.0 GHz W/ 1 GB RAM
> http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WSYS195N-NOHDD-PB-2R&cat=SYS
> <http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WSYS195N-NOHDD-PB-2R&cat=SYS>
>
> $108 for 256MB which would bring me up to 768MB
> http://www.edgetechcorp.com/ram/Standard-DIMMs/PC800-Rambus/184%252dpin-non%252dECC/R2184RU256MN230816-Memory
>
> Hmm lets see almost $20 more for 256MB RAM less and 1 GHz CPU less of
> a PC ... Nah I think I'll pass. Although the Asus is probably on its
> last legs and ready to blow a cap any day now.
>
> This is what I went with:
>
> http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/934/comporder.png
>
> Now I'm set for 10 years. Priceless!
>
>>>Note sure where you are seeing prices at but I did my 256M RAM
Upgrade from them at I believe it was 30 or forty dollars and FREE
shipping via 3rd day ground. Look again.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment