Friday, April 1, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Hope this isn't too Newbie for a Newbies Group

 

Sent from a mobile device.

On Apr 1, 2011, at 8:01 PM, "Paul" <pfrederick1@yahoo.com> wrote
> >
>
> Oh come on are other offerings really all that bad today? Folks I
> talk to that run other than Linux tell me they don't crash these
> days. Though honestly they don't seem to do much else either.
>
>
I use window xp daily for work, and have for the last decade. Last
time it
crashed on me was around four years ago when a five year-old hard
drive died. I think The improved stability may have a lot to do with the
use of a dual core processor, as I do have programs that lock up often,
which in the old days would require a button reset. Now those locked
programs just stay on the one core and I am able to cntrl-alt-delete to
pull up the task manager and kill it.

However, after installing dragon dictation on my wife's netbook (which
just
has the one core),w she has seen the ole blue screen a few times. Don't
know if there is any validity to that dual core hypothesis, it is just
my theory.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment