Saturday, April 2, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Hope this isn't too Newbie for a Newbies Group

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Chris <usabecker@...> wrote:
>
> Sent from a mobile device.
>
> I use window xp daily for work, and have for the last decade. Last
> time it
> crashed on me was around four years ago when a five year-old hard
> drive died.

I cannot hold the OS responsible for a hardware failure. Unless it caused it of course. I recall something about Redhat installs breaking CD-ROM drives a number of years ago. But only if they were jumper-ed Cable Select. Although looking up the issue now it may have been more of a myth than a fact. I do remember Microsoft thrashing HDDs a lot back when I used it.

I don't want to say how old the HDDs are in this box ... I just might jinx myself! It runs 24/7 too.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment