Thursday, April 21, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: why does the malware get past the anti-virus program

 



>
> In any 24 hour period, my home LAN receives somewhere around 100
> requests, looking for the existence of various filenames that do not
> exist on my server... filenames that have known vulnerabilities
> associated with them, and that also serve some sort of useful purpose to
> the attacker (running an automated script), if the vulnerability is
> unpatched, and the attacker can gain control of the process.
>
> Most of these land up (predictably) in my root HTTP directory, as
> opposed to my virtuser directories, because the script is searching by
> IP addy as opposed to URL's
>
>

hummmm I need to up my security I use zone-alarm on one of my systems amd other windows firewall.

My computer is old and on its way out .I was thinking of building a new computer and getting Trinity Desktop Environment or getting fedora or EDE that look and feel like windows 98.

Some say Trinity Desktop Environment and EDE is old and on its way out .

I think IceWM ,EDE and Trinity DE are older and Legacy and you may have problems with capability issues,bugs and security has they are not mainstream use now and may not be support for updates.

But I'im looking for one that looks like windows 9.x .

Never like windows 7 or windows vista look and feel.And windows XP okay but not like windows 9.x

I gusess everyone has there own GUI they like.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment