Friday, April 15, 2011

[nslu2-linux] HELP:spindown usbdrive doesn't work (DD-WRT v24-sp2, ackfire 10.03.1-rc3,r22796)

 

Hi,

I have a NSLU2 running DD-WRT v24-sp2, ackfire 10.03.1-rc3,r22796 with attached a USB drive Samsung HD103UL.
My problem is it doesn't get into sleepmode, and read http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/SpinDownUSBHarddisks
I tried all available tools for that (hdparm, sdparm, sg_start, scsi-stop) and even tried to change powermodes but without luck.
I've put the drive into a PC and I could get it into sleep there so physically it should be able to handle it.

For me having a NSLU2 and storage that doesn't go into sleepmode is useless, I wanted this setup just to save power and saving HD from wearing out.

Please help me, I'm desperate.
PS: Switching firmware is not really an option to me since this firmware has all I want fitting in default memory.

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks in advance.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment