Thursday, April 21, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: why does the malware get past the anti-virus program

 

On 4/21/2011 4:21 PM, Rob wrote:

> hummmm I need to up my security I use zone-alarm on one of my systems
> amd other windows firewall.
>

Check this out:

http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram.html

Some of my work takes me into Cryptanalysis, which is how I discovered
Bruce Schneier and his fine Crypto-Gram monthly security newsletter.

I learned and continue to learn a LOT from reading it.

IT security solutions that depend on software are just the tip of the
'security iceberg'... the other 90% is mostly 'uncommon common sense'.

I think you'll find it a welcome addition to your studies. I certainly do.

> My computer is old and on its way out .I was thinking of building a
> new computer and getting Trinity Desktop Environment or getting
> fedora or EDE that look and feel like windows 98.
>
> Some say Trinity Desktop Environment and EDE is old and on its way
> out .
>
> I think IceWM ,EDE and Trinity DE are older and Legacy and you may
> have problems with capability issues,bugs and security has they are
> not mainstream use now and may not be support for updates.
>
> But I'im looking for one that looks like windows 9.x .
>

I wind up spending a lot of time at the command line or in an IDE
(Integrated Development Environment), so I don't pay much attention to
the Desktop Environment, except for the Browsers and Thunderbird... and,
of course... the ubiquitous FreeCell. :)

> Never like windows 7 or windows vista look and feel.And windows XP
> okay but not like windows 9.x
>
> I gusess everyone has there own GUI they like.
>

I prefer CentOS, and before that, I ran RHEL3 on the really ancient
machine I built back in 2004. It runs a little slow, but it runs like
the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going, and going, and going. :)

--
http://www.robertwittig.com/
http://robertwittig.net/
http://robertwittig.org/
.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment