Saturday, April 16, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Re: HELP:spindown usbdrive doesn't work (DD-WRT v24-sp2, ackfire 10.03.1-rc3,r22796)

 

Hi,

There are only a few USB bridge controllers within an USB drive enclosure (the controller chop converts the USB protocol/signals to SATA or IDE for the harddrive) that pass the sleep command through.

Some bridge controllers from JMicron or Cypress work.

Also some USB enclosures (WD My Passport) do it automatically.

Ernst

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "ZakHooi" <combegt@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a NSLU2 running DD-WRT v24-sp2, ackfire 10.03.1-rc3,r22796 with attached a USB drive Samsung HD103UL.
> My problem is it doesn't get into sleepmode, and read http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/SpinDownUSBHarddisks
> I tried all available tools for that (hdparm, sdparm, sg_start, scsi-stop) and even tried to change powermodes but without luck.
> I've put the drive into a PC and I could get it into sleep there so physically it should be able to handle it.
>
> For me having a NSLU2 and storage that doesn't go into sleepmode is useless, I wanted this setup just to save power and saving HD from wearing out.
>
> Please help me, I'm desperate.
> PS: Switching firmware is not really an option to me since this firmware has all I want fitting in default memory.
>
> PLEASE HELP!
> Thanks in advance.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment