Friday, April 1, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Hope this isn't too Newbie for a Newbies Group

 

One point with the Netbook is like you look at the antivirus products
that came out as "Optimized For Netbook" as a reference to software
usage on netbooks. The netbook runs on tiny voltages - much tinier than
desktop electronic components. . You can try softwares but if they bog
down and are slow - you may cause damages. Generally, if they run smooth
and somewhat fast like you would expect on a desktop they should be
fine. Any roadhog resource monster software is going to be very bloated
on a netbook and will be very slow in response to anything and I would
not use it. This has been my experience on a couple years on netbooks.

On 04/02/2011 01:05 AM, Chris wrote:
>
> Sent from a mobile device.
>
> On Apr 1, 2011, at 8:01 PM, "Paul" <pfrederick1@yahoo.com
> <mailto:pfrederick1%40yahoo.com>> wrote
> > >
> >
> > Oh come on are other offerings really all that bad today? Folks I
> > talk to that run other than Linux tell me they don't crash these
> > days. Though honestly they don't seem to do much else either.
> >
> >
> I use window xp daily for work, and have for the last decade. Last
> time it
> crashed on me was around four years ago when a five year-old hard
> drive died. I think The improved stability may have a lot to do with the
> use of a dual core processor, as I do have programs that lock up often,
> which in the old days would require a button reset. Now those locked
> programs just stay on the one core and I am able to cntrl-alt-delete to
> pull up the task manager and kill it.
>
> However, after installing dragon dictation on my wife's netbook (which
> just
> has the one core),w she has seen the ole blue screen a few times. Don't
> know if there is any validity to that dual core hypothesis, it is just
> my theory.
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment