Sunday, May 25, 2014

[LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu 14.04-no DVD video

 



A funny thing happened to me on the way to using VLC in Ubuntu 14.04. Most of my computers are dual boot.
So, I can use some apps in Windows that are not in Ubuntu. I notice that my optical DVD`s will not show video.
I`ve tried them in Windows. No problem. In Ubuntu,in spite of trying different optical drives, Ubuntu and DVD
video do not work together. No problem with audio.
 So, I went to Google. What do you know? I quit checking after I found many questions,but no answers except
 using Terminal. I don`t do Terminal,either in my Macs or in Ubuntu. There has to be a better way which also
 does not include buying a paid app. Should there be a solution in software download updates,I welcome them.
 I`ve had a bunch of fun spending hrs. trying,but will use my Windows OS for VLC until a non-Terminal or free
 app. solution is found. Suggestions?
                                             Many thanks
                                                     Gene Henley 



This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.


__._,_.___

Posted by: "Gene Henley" <mhenley2@verizon.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment