Sunday, May 4, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Terminal

 

    At one point, I was wondering if there was some sort of haiku fad going on among users. But here, I see a pretty strong 40 character line. Are people still using picture tube television sets as monitors?

    Bart

On 5/3/2014 10:28 PM, Gene C. Falck wrote:
 

Hi All,

I've been digging into the beginning of
Mark Sobell's book on Linux Terminal
Commands.

I see the commands unix2dos and
unix2mac discussed as being used to
convert files created in Linux to the
formats for Windows or Macintosh.
dos2unix is mentioned to go the
other way. The example given is
for .txt files.

I have been "ignorantly" moving .txt,
.htm, and .pdf files back and forth
between the three computer OSs and
I have not had any problems using
them.

What does this command category
do?


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment