Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu 12.10 Slooooow Acer Aspire Atom w/ 2GB

 


On 05/24/2014 03:57 PM, jon.perelstein@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 

I recently installed Ubuntu 12.10 on an Acer Aspire One netbook that is running an Atom Z520 chip (Ubuntu says it is 1.33GHz x 2).  The machine has 2 GB memory installed (verified by Ubuntu).  This install replaced Win XP that came on the machine - I reformatted the HD (155 GB) and completely eliminated Windows - in other words, it is a full install and not a dual boot situation (it doesn't ask me to select an operating system when it boots up, so I have to believe I got the single boot right).  Ubuntu agrees that it is a 155 GB drive and tells me that I have about 144 GB remaining.


It is just unacceptably slow.  




I would be willing to bet it is the video driver.  Someone who uses Ubuntu, where does one find the "restricted" drivers in other words, drivers created by video chip manufacturer.

Loyal

__._,_.___

Posted by: Loyal Barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment