Thursday, May 22, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: 3D

 

good afternoon. I am looking for
a 3d A or an ball. maybe jumping. nothing more.
I am sure later I will build houses and more with blender. regards sophie

Am 19.05.2014 22:07, schrieb 'Gene C. Falck' gfalck@merr.com
[LINUX_Newbies]:
> Hi Roy,
>
> You wrote:
>
>> Google no longer is involved. They acquired it in 2006 and sold it off
>> to Trimble in 2012. There is a freeware version and a paid version.
>> You have to go their site sketchup.com to get either.
>
> So I gathered from my search results.
>
>> It is 3D modelling software. I would recommend Blender which is open
>> source and very powerful. It has been used to make motion animated movies.
>
> I've noticed there seems to be a lot of variation in
> what is meant by "3D" in descriptions of many of
> the program offerings. What, exactly, is meant by
> "3D modeling" software?
>
> I would think some possible "variation" would be
> descriptive of software that can be used to make
> vector drawings in all three dimensions without
> necessarily being drafting software. Simply doing
> drawings in 3D, being able to rotate the view,
> and exporting rasterized images at various sizes
> shouldn't need all the bells and whistles of, say,
> AutoCAD, IMO.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Gene Falck
> gfalck@merr.com
>
>
>
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> On Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:17:33 PM, "rvdidit@yahoo.com
>> [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>> There is also Sketch-Up by Google, which used to be free.
>> And I saw something in the download area of Ubuntu, but I have not
>> yet checked out.
>> Im not familiar with those you liested, thanks for posting them.
>> I use Vectorworks and Strata studio pro. Worked in 3d Max a little, but I
>> dont do much with them much anymore. Those arent free programs.
>>
>> Ross
>>
>>

__._,_.___

Posted by: "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (98)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment