Thursday, May 29, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Delete some partitions from hard drive

 

Hi Roy,

I'm going to be watching this thread--I don't
know much about partitioning.

You wrote:

The 14.04 disk has a partition editor on it so you can fix the partitions and re-size as needed. Work from the disk and not from the hard drive or you can mess things up. The partition editor will show you the partitions and the size and file format of each.

Hmm--As I work along in the forthcoming Mint
upgrade, how do I spot the partition editor? I do
recall not seeing the lead-in when I installed 16.

I gather it would be appropriate to have a home
partition at least.

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Gene C. Falck" <gfalck@merr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment