Sunday, November 29, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] openSuSE 11.2

 

Today is openSuSE day. Fedora is not working for me after a couple of kernel
upgrades. Grub does not work. It can't mount the root file system. It is
Fedora's own grub so that seems curious. It used to break only on the kernel
updates. I think the numbers are 145, 134 and 127. The original was 127 and
it worked up until today when I tried unsuccessfully to compile an Nvidia
driver. The updates 134, and 145 have not worked ever. So as of today, no
Fedora. I will use the Live CD to troubleshoot at a later date.

OpenSuSE 11.2 (KDE, 64-bit) is working great. Not a fan of Novell, but I
tried openSuSE and must say it is a fine release. It is as fast as Fedora.
Maybe faster. And it is as complete as Kubuntu. So it may be hard to give it
up. I will see what happens when I try to remove all traces of Mono. Usually
SuSE is easy to break for me. No luck so far. ;)

Roy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment