Monday, November 23, 2009

[nslu2-linux] Re: [openslug] Send mail with nail in crontab

 

Thanks for your help.
But I've already search in this way. Sendmail is not installed on my OpenSlug.
The command Find doesn't find anything.
It was the reason why I was surprise to see that nail looks for sendmail.

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <stevebleazard@...> wrote:
>
> On my slugos 5.3 sendmail is in /usr/sbin. So try the following
>
> # find / -name sendmail -print
>
> if it show up in /usr/sbin/sendmail then do
> ln -s /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/lib/sendmail
>
> Replace /usr/sbin/sendmail with the path to the one you find. Then try again.
>
> /usr/lib/sendmail is a "well known" location for sendmail and it's common for even non-sendmail based mail systems put a fake one there so programs can find it.
>
> Steve
>
> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "tkayna" <tkayna@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > It returns me this :
> > $ cat /tmp/myLog.err
> > /usr/lib/sendmail: No such file or directory
> > . . . message not sent.
> >
> > And I have this in nail bin :
> > $strings /usr/bin/nail | grep sendmail
> > sendmail
> > /usr/lib/sendmail
> >
> > But I don't understand why it works in shell.
> >
> > Thank you for your help
> >
> > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rolandkbs" <roland.krebs@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't see the cause, but maybe I can help you to find it:
> > > Add to the end of your crontab line the following
> > > >/tmp/myLog.out 2>/tmp/myLog.err
> > >
> > > By inspecting the two files after the defined time has passed you will most probably find the problem.
> > >
> > > regards, Roland
> > >
> > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "tkayna" <tkayna@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > I made un script to send mail.
> > > > My script works executing in shell but not in crontab.
> > > > I also add full path for binaries but it's the same.
> > > >
> > > > Can someone help me ?
> > > >
> > > > ***BASH SCRIPT send_mail.sh :
> > > >
> > > > #!/opt/bin/bash
> > > >
> > > > nail='/usr/bin/nail'
> > > > sleep='/bin/sleep'
> > > > echo='/bin/echo'
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > function mail_status ()
> > > > {
> > > > ${sleep} 1
> > > > ${echo} $1 $2 | ${nail} -s "save_sites_SQL_$1_$2" myemail@;
> > > > #echo $? > /tmp/testestest_sendmail.txt
> > > > }
> > > >
> > > > #### DEBUG TESTS ####
> > > >
> > > > mail_status "Test" "succes";
> > > >
> > > > ***CRONTAB LINE :
> > > >
> > > > 33 23 * * * /opt/bin/bash /temp/testmail/send_mail.sh
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment