Sunday, November 29, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New Member

Go to Distrowatch.org. There is a list of the distributions. You can
download various distributions in ISO format and burn them to disk. Then you
can try them out. Most distributions of Linux use a Live CD that allows you
to boot into a functioning OS from the CD.

Roy

2009/11/29 rkzbos <jackrossini@earthlink.net>

>
>
> Hello: I am new to this group and glad to join.
>
> I've been learning UNIX from a book called UNIX for Dummies. I am able to
> practice it on a Unix server when I go online by using a program called
> Putty in a XP operating system.
>
> I understand that I could run Unix under a Linux operating system. What I
> want to do is change my XP operating system to a Linux operating system.
>
> How do I go about doing this?
>
> Where can I get a Linux OS disk?
>
> Thank you,
> Jack R.
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment