Monday, November 30, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Who has Wave?

Go here and play it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiGdUmvPRy8

If it plays then it may just be a faulty link in the gadget or may be a
problem with whatever they use to embed the video. I am not sure if it is
java or what.

Roy

2009/11/30 Darksyde <m_alexander61@yahoo.com>

>
>
> So-so. Youtube vids usually do ok, sometimes a little snag here and there.
> Other vids sometimes do very well, sometimes nothing. Of course I never
> bother to check the format so I can't narrow it by type, but I've had
> Youtube clips much longer than Dr. Wave play well. Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com <LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
> >
> > Dr. Wave plays for me in both FF and Chromium so I don't think that it is
> a
> > plugin. It loads a Youtube video so if Youtube plays it should. Do other
> > gadgets load?
> >
> > Roy
> >
> > 2009/11/29 Darksyde <m_alexander61@...>
> >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com <LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com><LINUX_Newbies%
> 40yahoogroups.com>,
>
> > > Roy <linuxcanuck@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I have since learned quite a bit and have added bots, cruised the
> public
> > > > waves and added my own. It is very different. It takes some getting
> used
> > > to
> > > > but it is also very powerful. I am impressed with some of the stuff
> that
> > > > I've seen and real time would be good, if it wasn't so slow!
> > > >
> > > > Roy
> > > >
> > > Though I haven't had any live waves yet it does seem incredibly slow.
> The
> > > "Dr. Wave" intro video always hangs, even though I keep my cookies
> culled
> > > and history wiped. Is it possible that I need a F'fox extension or
> plugin?
> > > I'm using v. 3.0.15.
> > > Anyway, at least, as someone said, it has been released as a beta for
> > > limited use and (hopefully) the input from those who use it will be
> > > reflected in the official release. Certain other companies would do
> well to
> > > follow their example, eh?
> > > Mark
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment