Tuesday, November 24, 2009

[nslu2-linux] Re: stream media to PS3

 

Not sure if it works with the PS3 but I had Wizd installed on my Slug for a while and it streamed iso DVD images of across my wireless network to a ShowCenter 200 just fine. I only abandoned this method because of the amount of on-line storage capacity it required. I had 3 * 500GB connected and it wasn't enough. So have now converted some 500+ DVD's to DivX, sure the quality isn't as good but its good enough for watching on a 720p TV and means that my slug is able to manage all my music, video and photos 24X7.

The only time it struggles is if I have 3 or more clients trying to access media at the same time.

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "slackline" <nshephard@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "kristoffer_pettersson" <kristoffer_pettersson@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have successfully installed uShare and it works like a charm for pictures and mp3.
> >
> > Is there a way to convert/stream iso formats so that the ps3 can see them?
>
> You won't be able to do this on the fly as the NSLU2 just doesn't have the oomph required, even if you've added more RAM. Your best bet is to rip the ISO on your computer into a format that the PS3 supports then up it to your NSLU2, since usuallly (well at least the way I do it) I will actually mount an ISO that I've got on my hard-drive (as though it were a physical DVD) and then watch it.
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment