Monday, November 30, 2009

[nslu2-linux] Re: NFS writing poor performance

 

Try this set of options in your Ubuntu /etc/fstab file.

noatime,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, vasanag <vasanag@...> wrote:
>
> Gurus,
>
> I am experiencing very slow writing speed on my NFS share on my UNSLUNG.
>
> To write a file of 40 MB from my UBUNTU machine to the NSLU2 I need 3
> min 15 sec.
>
> To read back the same file to UBUNTU, I need only 15 secs!!!!!!
>
> What is going on here? Am I missing something?
>
>
> ************
>
> On my NSLU2 running UNSLUNG 6.10
>
> # mount
> ......
> /dev/sdb1 on /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 type ext3 (rw,noatime)
>
>
> # cat /etc/exports
> /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 192.168.2.*(rw,sync,no_root_squash)
>
>
> ***********
>
> On UBUNTU
>
> To mount the share
>
> sudo mount 192.168.2.2:/share/hdd/data/USB_D1 /home/anagnost/mnt/nfs_nslu
>
>
> TIA
> vasanag
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment