Thursday, November 26, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Who has Wave?

 

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 01:01, Darksyde <m_alexander61@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Hi, all!  Just wanted to know what everyone thinks of Wave, those who are using it anyway.
>  Mark
>  P.S.  I have an invitation or two left.

It's interesting. I've not been using it long but have been playing
with it a bit. It seems like some of the features are repetitions of
functionality elsewhere (gtalk, google docs, etc) but it's
interesting. I have noticed, though, that waves can start making FF
3.5 slow after they get to be so long... at least that's what I
noticed Tuesday during a group conversation... the longer the convo
got, the more sluggish wave seemed to become.

It's got promise though... group collaboration is promising... imagine
5 people working on the same piece of code. Well, actually, that
would be a bit of a nightmare, but still could be fun to watch. But
working with something in active development could be a useful thing,
assuming there's protection of the code and files being passed back
and forth.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what this can become as it matures.
I do some voiceover work for a DJ friend of mine, along with some
other guys so it would be a neat experiment to get together via wave
to pass sound clips back and forth as needed.

Oh well, gotta get a nap before heading out to combat shopping...

Cheers
Jeff
--

Charles de Gaulle - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment